Special Promotion: 5 Free Greeting Cards with any purchase of $25. Use coupon code BONUSCARDS
Lighthouses ensured the safety of seafarers for years! Many of these amazing structures are still in service today and serve as tourist destinations. Submit your best lighthouse photo for a chance to win a $25 Viovio gift card!
- The diamond pattern on Cape Lookout (pictured above) is meant to indicate direction. The side points of the black diamonds point in a north-south direction, while the side points of the white diamonds point east-west.
- The Boston Light was the first lighthouse to be built in the U.S. in 1716.
- The Ile Vierge is the tallest traditional lighthouse in the world.
Spread the word and get more votes by using the hashtag #LoveLighthouses on Twitter, Google + or Pinterest
- All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, September 19th.
- Viovio Staff will select the top 10 photos and voting will officially open to the public on Thursday, September 20th.
- The winner will be announced on Thursday, September 27th.
- There is no restriction on number of entries.
- Judging will be based on community voting - 3 allowed per user/IP.
PrizesThe photo with the most votes will win a $25 Viovio gift certificate!
How to EnterTo enter, upload a photo, click the edit button and select "To the Lighthouse" under Contests. Still need help? Watch this helpful tutorial.
"Sounds Great, I'm Lost!"Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Contest is closed.
- Contest runs Sat 01 of Sep, 2012 (01:48 UTC) through Thu 20 of Sep, 2012 (13:49 UTC)
- Judging will be completed by Thu 27 of Sep, 2012 (13:49 UTC)
- Votes Per Person: 3